Every Wednesday evening at 7:00pm we hold our Student Sessions at The Victory Centre. It’s an awesome opportunity for the city’s University students to come and explore Christianity, to learn, grow, make friends and encounter the power of God.
You will experience for yourself a fresh, new and vibrant way to meet with God, to discover who you are in Him and who He is in you.
Glow - Victory Youth
At Victory Gospel Church, we believe that young people are an important and vital part of our church – so we started ‘Glow’ to provide an environment just for them to meet new young people, play games, learn all about God’s word, and more!
‘Glow’ is Victory’s youth ministry for young people aged 13-18 that happens every Friday at 7:30pm at The Victory Centre. Our aim at Glow is to love and encourage our young people about the problems and issues that they face everyday and tell them that God loves them and can help them through anything, no matter what it is.
We enjoy going through the Bible and telling them of Jesus’ everlasting love for them that never ceases – even when we mess up. Our primary purpose is to encourage our young people to live a life of passion for God and His people!
As well as that, we also believe that church should be fun! That’s why every Friday night we also crank up the music, order pizza, and pull out the; Foosball, Ping-Pong, Pool, and Air Hockey tables. We also love doing amazing and completely randomly themed nights like Disney night, Hawaiian night, Superhero night and many more! Why would God create life, and then make it boring!
Kid's Church - World Changers
Our kid’s church programme, ‘World Changers’, runs every Sunday morning during the main service. World Changers is designed to encourage and inspire young children with the message of Jesus so they can live full and happy lives as they grow older and begin to pursue a relationship with God that will last forever – “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
Our programme also encompasses a variety of different formats to teach the Bible to kids of all ages, including lively music, games, DVDs and much more!
We believe in making church a fun and exciting experience for the whole family – so feel free to bring the whole family to The Victory Centre this Sunday for church!
World Changers accommodates for children aged between 4-12 years.
There is also a baby and mother’s room available for mothers with babies or toddlers aged 0-3 years.
Please note – a parent or guardian must accompany babies or toddlers in this room at all times. There is a TV in this room with the worship and teaching being broadcasted live so you don’t miss out.
‘Faith Bites’ is a great chance for every one of all ages to get together during the week for a time of bible study and worship. This will be followed by a time of fellowship and a light lunch.
We will be meeting every Tuesday at 12.30pm at the Victory Centre.
Praying Mothers and Conquerors
‘Praying Mothers and Conquerors’ is a brand New Ministry we launching under our Women’s Ministry ‘Flourish’. It’s a great opportunity for mums to come together to pray, fellowship, encourage one another and receive ministry. This is open to all mothers with children of any ages.
If your child is 6years or younger then you are welcome to bring them along. We pray while they play!
We aim to meet monthly. Check out the ‘What’s On’ page to see upcoming dates.
The Elijah Project
This is a flexible on-going Christian course helping people break the cycle of destructive patterns in their lives caused by things such as addiction, social phobias, mental health, or relationship problems. Topics covered include: hurt, shame, toxic thinking, right through to walking in God’s authority. This is a journey to freedom.
Flourish Women's Ministry
‘Flourish’ is our women’s ministry dedicated to building up and encouraging women to be all God has called them to be.
We believe every woman has an awesome destiny in God, and as we gather together at Flourish to worship and hear His Word, we will be strengthened, blessed and transformed. Our Flourish meetings are times of fellowship and support, through love, worship and prayer.
At Flourish, we are devoted to you and the calling God has on your life. To find out more about the next Flourish event please contact our church office or visit us on Facebook.
Our Bi-Monthly meetings are on a Thursday evening at 7:00pm at The Victory Centre. Keep an eye out on Facebook and our ‘What’s On’ page for meeting dates. We hope to see you there!
Power Hour Prayer Meeting
This is a monthly prayer meeting for anyone who desires to gather together and seek God through prayer. On the last Thursday of every month, we open our doors to anyone who wants to pray for our church, our city and our nation. The meeting starts at 7:30pm at The Victory Centre.
Victory Business Network
Are you a business owner? Or have you ever wanted to start your own business? Then this may just be the group for you.
We are starting a new ministry called ‘Victory Business Network’. The meetings will take place every other month. We want all business owners and entrepreneurs to be built up and encouraged as they take on the challenges that come with starting and running a business.
Be sure to check out the ‘Whats On’ page for future meeting dates.
Victory Asian Fellowship
Here at the Victory Gospel Church, we believe in touching all communities of Southampton. Which is why Victory has a Victory Asian Fellowship, our outreach ministry to Southampton’s Asian community.
Here at Victory Gospel Church we believe in touching all the communities of Southampton. This is why Victory has the Victory Asian Fellowship – our outreach ministry for Southampton’s Asian community.
Victory Asian Fellowship has been reaching out to Southampton’s Malayalam speaking community for over 5 years with services held every Sunday afternoon in Malayalam at 3:30pm at the Victory Centre.
Victory Asian Fellowship also holds a Sunday school for children of all ages during their Sunday services. With passionate heartfelt worship and powerful teaching of God’s word, Victory Asian fellowship is a place filled with life, passion and freedom. All are welcome to come and experience God’s power!
Victory Highways Ministries
- To bring help and hope to the homeless and marginalised people of any race, creed, religion or sexuality. The people we are helping may have been affected by; addictions, mental health issues or they may have just been released from prison. We aim to help people living in poor accommodation, ex-service personnel, the disadvantaged, street girls, the elderly and those temporarily homeless through relationship breakdown or the loss of a job.
- To fully equip those with addictions to lead productive lives and gain employment without having to go away to another city for rehab.
- To enable them to have a second chance in life, restore their self-worth, and to make them valued, employable members of society.
- To build whole communities of recovery in Southampton.
- To offer purpose built facilities for the rebuilding of lives and restoration of relationships in a holistic way.
Our work in Southampton over the last 27 years has found many vulnerable adults in need of support.
Our Work Has 3 Main Branches:
- A weekly Soup Run that aims to meet the emergency needs of people who find themselves on the streets and lead them to the appropriate help.
- Pit Stop Drop in Day-Centre will provide time to meet, chat and encourage people.
- The Living Recovery Programme provides another choice for those ready for rehab/recovery.
The Basement Project
The basement at The Victory Centre will be home to our recovery centre. The total cost of the building work will be £630,000. We’ll be providing two counselling rooms, a treatment room (for a chiropody/nurse led clinic or similar), and a laundry/shower room. If you’d like to donate to help us build the centre, please visit our donation page. You can also visit www.victoryhrc.org for more information on the project.
Our Longer Term Vision is to:
- Run a charity shop in Portswood to fund our work and provide temporary supported employment for service users.
- Provide over-night accommodation in a building elsewhere in the city.
This is a full-time programme for men and women with an addictive lifestyle who have reached the point in their journey where they are ready to commit to rebuilding their lives. We can take 5 men and women initially, rising to a maximum of 20 when we have a sufficient amount of staff. The Waterfall Trust also runs a similar programme in Southampton for women only, which is only part-time.
- Equip people to live a new life
- Enable people with addictions to be set free from addictive lifestyles, gain employment and be restored to their families.
The Programme is:
- Daily – working five days per week
- Focused on recovery and therapeutic intervention
Benefits of a Day Recovery Programme:
- Daily life issues can be confronted and worked through as they recover in a safe environment
- It’s Cost-effective
- It’s possible to work with the service-user’s family and enable them to build a strong, effective local support network which is essential for sustained recovery
- It’s an opportunity of building communities dedicated to recovery in Southampton alongside The Waterfall Trust.
Timetable will include:
- Key working with individual service users
- Mentoring and counselling
- Education: Maths, English, IT (plus 1 to 1 tuition for service users with dyslexia)
- Art, sport and music
- Life skills, such as money management, hygiene, parenting skills etc…
- Toxic thinking workshops
- Daily thought for the day and weekly worship
- Facilitation groups (where service users can share issues arising in their recovery in a safe and positive environment)
- Shared lunch, prepared by service users
- Service user days out
- Opportunities for voluntary work placements and further education
- Signing in and signing out sessions
We will be working with ISAAC International (International Substance Abuse and Addiction Coalition) who will be providing staff training, policies, guidelines, and procedures and staff supervision for the first two years.
Our programme commenced in July 2017. If you would like to be considered for a place please call the Living-Recovery Manager on 07736167600. If you’d like to donate to this please see our donate page or email the project co-ordinator: Rev Margaret Hague at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace Upon Grace - Widows Ministry
‘Grace Upon Grace’ is a widows ministry where widows can meet once a month on a Saturday to hear God’s word and to fellowship. For specific dates please visit our ‘What’s On’ page.
The Grace Upon Grace Ministry name is based on John 1v16 (Amplified Bible):
“For out of his fullness [the superabundance of his grace and truth] we have all received grace upon grace [spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing, favour upon favour, and gift heaped upon gift truth]”
- To help widows realise that the death of a husband does not make them inferior to anyone else.
- To empower widows to discover who they are in Christ Jesus, so that they can start to dream again as they follow Jesus Christ step by step into their destiny with their children. Palms 68v5 says, “A father to the fatherless and defender of Widows, is God in his Holy Dwelling”.
Hold On Help Is On The Way
‘Hope’ is a ministry that serves children in and around the Southampton area. Our calling is to help parents provide clothes and equipment for babies and children. Whether it’s a new-born baby who needs clothes, a car seat, buggy or a high chair we are here to help. If your child needs a school uniform then we have got that covered too!
Prison Outreach Ministry
The Prison Outreach team aims to support the Prison Chaplains in their work in bringing salvation to the prisoners and helping them grow in their faith in Jesus.
Our aim is to nurture the inmates emotionally, mentally and spiritually, thereby recreating their self-esteem and strengthening their family relationships as they reunite with their loved ones and to also fit back into society.
The Prison Outreach Ministry Team shares the good news in a variety of ways during our Sunday Services in the Prisons, which include:
- Bible quiz
- Teaching the word of God
- One to One fellowship after the Sunday service
Other ways of support:
- Weekly prayers
- Bible study
- Performing arts
- Supporting inmates when they join the Community
- Letter writing